Our school is expected to function within its budget which is formulated on the fees collected but can only do so if all families accept their responsibility and pay fees regularly. Fees can be paid yearly or monthly. Each family will receive an account monthly and fees can forward to the school or paid to the school secretary. This is billed over a ten-month school year.
The school office handles all accounts. Please note that our school fees are those recommended by the Catholic Education Council and are among the lowest in the Archdiocese.
School Fee Structure for 2012
Scale Total (per term) 1 Child $451.25/term 2 Children $620/term 3 Children $773.75/term 4 Children $855/term
OLGC Integrated Fee
This fee is to minimise the amount of weekly monies payable to the school. This fee in 2011 will be $11.00 per child per month (increase of $1.00/child). The Integrated Fee will include:
- 2 arts council performances per annum - Dance Fever in Term 2, 2011
- all swimming charges for the year including bus costs to and from the pool for all students.
- a numeracy learning resource for each student (iMaths: Prep - Year 7)
- 1 extra activity for Prep – in lieu of swimming in Term 1
- end of year excursion (e.g. bowling, movies)
- bus travel costs during the year (excluding specific class excursion bus costs)
- class excursions costs
- all camps including camp bus trips
- 2011 – Leadership Camp (Year 6)
- 2011 – Tallebudgera Camp (Years 4/5)
- 2011 – Canberra Trip (Years 6/7)
- nomination costs for representative sporting events
- on presentation of a pool swimming pass the entry costs will be credited to school fees statement
- decisions regarding any requests for refunds will be at the discretion of the Principal
Ground’s Person Levy
The levy for each child for 2011 will be $9.50 (no increase) per month X 10 and is included in the fee structure. This levy pays for the wages of a grounds person.
Building Fund Levy
Because of the need to refurbish the school, it has become necessary to have a building fund levy. The recommended building fund levy this year is will be $44 per family (increase of $2), per month X 10. This levy is no longer tax deductible and is now part of the school fee structure. Funds raised by the levy can be used to service loans, pay for maintenance, and cleaning and some administration charges associated with this.
As we have a wider technology base to offer the children, we need to implement a levy on each child per month to cover costs in regards to consumables and maintaining the network. Each family will be charged $9 per child per month (increase of $); this will be included in monthly accounts.
P & F Levy
An $11 (no increase) monthly P & F Levy is included in the fees. This levy replaces fundraising such as raffles, pie drives etc. The P & F operates a catering business as its primary source of income.
Direct Debit facilities operate at the school for the collection of school fees. Forms and an explanation are available at the office or download here.